Pages

Tuesday 14 August 2018

punctuation

What is a period and when does it get used?
End of a sentence and It's a full stop

Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a period.
  • I went to the shop with my family.
  • It was my sister birthday.
  • I go to pt england school.



What is a question mark and when does it get used?
When someone is asking a question, or they are stuck on something.

Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a question mark.
  • How was your day?
  • Do you want something to eat?
  • Are you living with your family?


What is a quotation mark and when does it get used? It’s like a speech mark they are use for direct quotes.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a quotation mark.
  • “How was your day?”
  • “How was your weekend?”
  • “Do you like my shoes?”



What is a apostrophe and when does it get used? They use it when there is a s at a end of a word or to shorten a word


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a apostrophe.
  • It looks like a great day today
  • It’s my birthday
  • There are alot of car’s

What is a comma and when does it get used? It’s like when you have a have a break of reading. Its kinda like a full stop but a comma is to have a break of reading and to breath.  


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a comma.
  • We are with family,friends


What is a exclamation point and when does it get used? Like it gives really strong emotion and how you are saying it.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a exclamation point.
  • What time are you going to school!
  • It’s my birthday! Yay!
  • Do your work!

What is a colon and when does it get used? It is used to do  an example.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a colon.
  • I am going to show you guys an example 3x2 = 6
  • I will be showing you guys how to Spell teacher t e a c h e r there teacher
  • What's your favorite color example blue



What is a semicolon and when does it get used?  join two independent clauses that are not connected with a coordinate conjunction

Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a semicolon.
  • A stranger was talking to me; he looked very scary
  • I went to napier,Australia;
  • I opened my door; it was scary

No comments:

Post a Comment